Qualifications and Benefits
Qualifications for an Internship at HCP
• Have strong verbal communication skills, and pleasant telephone manner
• Be energetic, outgoing, enthusiastic to learn
• Have excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Be a fast learner, team player, responsible
• Require minimal supervision
• Have a familiarity with Windows operating system (Microsoft Word, Excel)
• Visual arts/photography background, knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat are a plus
• Have a valid driver’s license and transportation for errand running (preferred, not required)
• Must have previous work experience
• A passion for photography, visual arts, and/or culture is essential
• Can commit to a minimum of 3 months
• High-school graduate
Internships are unpaid, but course credit can be arranged with the intern’s educational institution. In addition to gaining invaluable experience working in a small, established non-profit organization in the arts, benefits of internship include a free annual membership at the individual level, enrollment in two photography classes at HCP, use of the Digital Darkroom, and a webpage on HCP's site featuring personal artistic work and information.
HCP internships require a commitment of at least 8 hours per week for 3 months (minimum) during HCP business hours of Monday - Friday, 11am -5pm. Scheduling for this internship is flexible. Weekend hours maybe required during special events.
- Summer Internships take place June - August, deadline for applying is Apr 1st.
- Fall Internships take place from Sept - Dec, deadline for applying is August 1st.
- Spring Internships take place Jan - May, deadline for applying is November 1st.