Qualifications and Benefits
Qualifications for an Internship at HCP
- Have strong verbal communication skills, and pleasant telephone manner
- Be energetic, outgoing, enthusiastic to learn
- Have excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Be a fast learner, team player, responsible
- Require minimal supervision
- Have a familiarity with Windows operating system (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Visual arts/photography background, knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat are a plus
- Have a valid driver’s license and transportation for errand running (preferred, not required)
- Must have previous work experience
- A passion for photography, visual arts, and/or culture is essential
- Can commit to a minimum of 3 months
- Pursuing studies in college at the undergraduate or graduate level
Internships are unpaid, but course credit can be arranged with the intern’s educational institution. In addition to gaining invaluable experience working in a small, established non-profit organization in the arts, benefits of internship include a free annual membership at the individual level, enrollment in two photography classes at HCP, use of the Digital Darkroom, and a webpage on HCP's site featuring personal artistic work and information.
HCP internships require a commitment of at least 8 hours per week for 3 months (minimum) during HCP business hours of Monday - Friday, 10am -5pm. Scheduling for this internship is flexible. Weekend hours maybe required during special events.
- Summer Internships take place June - August, deadline for applying is Apr 1st.
- Fall Internships take place from Sept - Dec, deadline for applying is August 1st.
- Spring Internships take place Jan - May, deadline for applying is November 1st.