Click here to see the images selected in Learning Curve 8.
Learning Curve 9: HCP’s Student Exhibition
Juried by Jason Dibley, Collections Manager, Prints, Drawings, and Photographs at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Learning Curve is an annual exhibition of selected work made by HCP´s students from the past year. From digital to alternative processes, the exhibition highlights the various educational programs HCP offers through its Learning Center.
The Houston Center for Photography offers over 300 workshops and classes a year ranging in skill level and medium reaching over 1,000 lifelong learners. The instructors that lead these photography workshops are local professional photographers and artists that are able to share their knowledge with the Houston community. In addition to the group of instructors from Houston, HCP also hosts classes taught by visiting artists from across the nation such as Duane Michals, Dornith Doherty, Susan Burnstine, Henry Horenstein, and Joni Sternbach. With a large and experienced group of instructors, HCP is able to offer something to students of all levels and photographic experiences.
HCP's next Learning Curve exhibition is on view in the East Gallery from September 16, 2016 to November 13, 2016.
Anyone who has taken a class or workshop at HCP between January 2015 and July 2016 is invited to submit work for this exhibition.
How to Enter
· To enter, upload up to five images, a resume, and artist statement to https://hcponline.submittable.com/submit
· Include image details: Title, Medium, Year, Dimensions
· There is no fee to submit your images and participate in this exhibition.
Artwork selected to be included in the exhibition must:
· Have been taken within the past year
· Be framed in a black frame no larger than 16" x 20" – ready to hang
· Have a submission form with the print
· Bright white mats only
Click here to see the photographs displayed in the Learning Curve 8 exhibition in 2015.
· Submission Deadline: Friday, July 15, 2016
· Notification (via email): Monday, August 15, 2016
· Submissions Drop-off: Monday, August 15 – Friday, September 2 (during gallery hours)
· Opening Reception: Friday, September 16, 6pm – 8pm
· Exhibition dates: September 16 through November 13, 2016
· Work Pick-up Date: Starting Monday, November 21, 2016 (work not picked up after 30 days becomes property of HCP)
For more information:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 713.529.4755