Click here to see the images selected in Learning Curve 7.
Learning Curve 8: HCP’s Student Exhibition
Juried by Keliy Anderson-Staley, Assistant Professor, Photography and Digital Media, University of Houston
HCP's next Learning Curve exhibition is on view in the East Gallery from February 27, 2015 to April 26, 2015.
Learning Curve is an annual exhibition of selected work made by HCP´s students from the past year. From digital to alternative processes, the exhibition highlights the various educational programs HCP offers through its Learning Center.
HCP offers over 300 workshops and classes a year ranging in skill level and medium reaching over 1,000 lifelong learners. The instructors that lead these photography workshops are local professional photographers and artists that are able to share their knowledge with the Houston community. In addition to the group of instructors from Houston, HCP also hosts classes taught by visiting artists from across the nation such as Henry Horenstein, Dan Burkholder, Susan Burnstine, and Joni Sternbach. With a large and experienced group of instructors, HCP is able to offer something to students of all levels and photographic experiences.
Anyone who has taken a class or workshop at HCP between September 2013 and December 2014 is invited to submit work for this exhibition.
How to Enter
· To enter, email up to five images, a completed entry form, and artist statement to email@example.com.
· Images must be 72dpi no larger than 7 inches in the longest dimension.
· Each jpg file must be titled following the format "last name"_"first name"_"title". If untitled, name your submission according to the order in the submission form. For example Mary Smith would be “Mary_Smith_example”.
· There is no fee to submit your images and participate in this exhibition.
Artwork selected to be included in the exhibition must:
· Have been taken within the past year
· Be framed in a black frame no larger than 16" x 20" – ready to hang
· Have a submission form with the print
Click here to see the photographs displayed in the Learning Curve 7 exhibition in 2013.
· Submission Deadline: Monday, January 12, 2015 [DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 19, 2015)
· Notification (via email): Monday, February 2, 2015
· Submissions Drop-off: Monday, February 2 – Monday, February 16 (during gallery hours)
· Opening Reception: Friday, February 27, 6pm – 8pm
· Exhibition dates: February 27 through April 25, 2015
· Work Pick-up Date: Starting Monday, May 4, 2015 (work not picked up 30 days after the close of the exhibition become property of HCP)
For more information:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 713.529.4755